Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Monkey hugs

When I was little my friend Donna broke her arm. When she got home her mom got her a pair of hugging monkeys. I wanted those hugging monkeys!!!

I haven't thought of this in years but today I was on a mission to see if I could find them on ebay. I found these guys - not quite the same but cute!

I have a bit of a fascination with monkeys. If I had my way I'd have the cheeky monkey webkinz and the monkey from build a bear - in addition to all other stuffed monkeys - especially sock monkeys - how cool are they?

I met a lady this summer ... and she had a whole room FULL (and I mean FULL) of monkeys. I was in monkey heaven. She even had those monkeys called monchichi... they sucked their thumbs - I loved those when I was little!

I am making Jessie a flannel quilt with a monkey theme - passing the monkey addiction on to her ...

No comments: