Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Fasting... Hump Day!

OK so this is a week of prayer and fasting for my church.

I've never participated previously - but I figured having indulged in EVERYTHING this holiday season - I could choose to do some reflecting and fasting.

The church website said...

January 5 to January 11, 2009.

Together we will be dedicating 2009 to God through a week of prayer & fasting. This is always a powerful time in the life of our church as we grow stronger in our individual walks with God and believe for increased miracles, favour and wisdom for life. While we understand that not everyone can physically take part in a complete fast, everyone can do something. Think about what you can set aside in order to make extra room for prayer this week.

------------

For me I figured baby steps. I gave up coffee (ugh!), sweets, chocolate and alcohol. The kids gave up dessert and my husband gave up coke.

The first day was very hard - I had a bad headache and wanted coffee. But I perservered and drank some herbal tea. Now on Day 3 I am proud of myself that I have lasted this long ... and don't miss things (too badly.)

No comments: