Monday, September 29, 2008

MMMMMMMMMMMM Muffins


100_5974, originally uploaded by angelvanilla2008.

my kids are always bugging me to make muffins and it's not like they are hard to do ... I just don't always do it. Yesterday's concoction was a big hit so I thought I'd share! (I didn't add the topping but I'm sure it's good!)

BANANA PUMPKIN MUFFINS

1/2 c. pureed banana
1/2 c. canned pumpkin
1/2 c. sugar
1/4 c. milk
1/4 c. vegetable oil (I use applesauce)
1 egg
1 3/4 c. flour (1/2 of it was whole wheat flour for us)
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
1/2 tsp. salt

TOPPING:

1/2 c. brown sugar, packed
1/2 c. chopped nuts or oats
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice

Puree banana in blender to make 1/2 cup. Mix pureed banana, pumpkin, sugar, milk, oil and egg until well blended. Combine flour, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice and salt. Spoon into greased muffin tins.

Top each with 1 tablespoon of the sugar-spice mixture. Bake in
preheated 375 degree oven for 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted
into muffin comes out clean.

Makes 12. (made 9 bigger ones for me)

Enjoy!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That pic of Jessie with her muffin is adorable!